HISTORY

The Adelphean Society was founded on May 15, 1851 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. This was the first secret society for women and originated the phrase "first, finest, forever."  Later our name was changed to Alpha Delta Pi, and became known as a Panhellenic sorority.

On February 6th 1931 the Beta Iota chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was chartered at Queens University of Charlotte. In 1977 Beta Iota was awarded the Golden Lion, which is the highest honor in ADPi. Our sisters Maggie Hill (2015) and Abby Tolar (2017) were awarded the Dorothy Shaw award, which is the highest award given to a collegiate member. In 2016 we celebrated Beta Iota's 85th anniversary by raising over $7,000 at a silent auction event.

 

ALPHA DELTA PI

1900 Selwyn Ave
MSC 1246
Charlotte, NC
28274

©2017 BY ALPHA DELTA PI. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM